Monday 15 April 2013

Dead Set Babes Swatches and Review!

Dead Set Babes is a new Aussie Indie, based in Sydney, and run by two friends, Emma and Bella. They kindly sent me 4 of their polishes to review and I'll be showing you them today!

Whatshername - (2 coats over white) 3 different sizes of greenish-goldish glitter in a bright green base. You could probably wear this alone, but I decided to layer it over white to show the true colours of the glitter and the base. I really loved this one! The formula was great, I didn't need to dab any glitter on, nor did I need to fish any out.

True Blue - (1 coat over B #327) Bright blue, White and a darker Blue glitters in multiple sizes in a clear base. This was again, a very nice formula, dense but not dense enough to wear alone, but the layering possibilities with this one are endless!

Discotheque - (1 coat over Revlon Royal) Now this one is COOL! Bright, medium sized matte hexes (white, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, pink and purple) in a clear base. Such an eyecatching, bright glitter topper, that again, would look awesome over a lot of colours! The formula on this was good, not as good as the previous two, and I did have to dab some of the glitters on. But this one is really worth the effort!

Teenage Crime - (1 coat over China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise) This was my favourite glitter mix- 2 shades of purple and white matte glitter, multiple sizes of hexes in a clear base. However, this one did lack compared to the others in terms of formula. The base seems thinner, and I did need to fish and dab some of the glitter. Beautiful glitter, but the base needs to be a bit thicker.

All of these swatches have 1 coat of Seche Vite, and they were all very smooth once dry. They didn't take long to dry either. And I ADORE the brands logo. I'm not sure why, but I love it! And aside from the formula trouble of Teenage Crime, these are AMAZING indies. I'm already eyeing some more off!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

*the polishes mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinon of them*





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you