Tuesday 22 May 2012

Orly Glowstick

Hello again! Gloomy, rainy day today, and I'm pretty sick, so I'm taking the day off of both my courses (Business and Nails) to attempt to recoup! And because it's not the best weather for photos, I've got something I swatched over the weekend.

Orly Glowstick is from the Summer 2012 collection, Feel The Vibe. Now, the inner child in me giggled a little (ok, a lot!) when I first saw that name... BUT, I love neons. And coming into winter, I will probably wear lots of them. I don't believe in sticking to certain colours for certain seasons. Where's the fun in that?


Glowstick is a CRAZY bright neon yellow. SO SO BRIGHT. I can't even BEGIN to explain how much I love this. Normally, I would layer this over white, but I've read other bloggers say it can achieve opacity in 3-4 coats. Almost! I have 4 coats on in these photos, no base or top coat. There is still a pretty noticeable VNL, but in direct sunlight, you can barely tell!


It doesn't dry totally matte either, which is refreshing for a neon. Don't get me wrong, it's not glossy, more of a satiny finish. Perfect neon if you ask me!

I'm really loving the neons that are coming out this season. I plan to get a few more from the Feel The Vibe collection, and a fair few of the China Glaze Summer Neons (I'm looking at you, I'm With The Lifeguard!)...

How about you? Any of the current neons interest you?

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

7 comments:

  1. I recently picked up a couple Sinful neons to try the trend out (an orange and a purple) but these yellow ones look ridiculously fun. I'm thinking this one and the blue ChG Scrangie likened to RBL IKB:2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need all of the CG Neons, bar the pinks! Too many pinks!

      Delete
  2. ohhhh i love it!!! hope to get my orly neons this week... can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It will definitely be going in my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this one along with the neon pink and orange and I agree, I don't stick to winter colours for winter i love this colour!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I neeeeed the orange and blue. So gorgeous

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you