Celebrating the Year of the Blogger!
IT'S BLOGFEST TIME AGAIN! For those that don't know, every year, Aussie brand piCture pOlish hold what they call 'BlogFest'. It's where they chose a group of bloggers to do something amazing! And just like last year, I am THRILLED to have been selected to take part!
Unlike previous years, this year's BlogFest doesn't introduce new shades. Instead, we were sent 3 shades (everyone got different shades!) and had to create some nail art AND a tutorial for you guys! The colours I was sent this year were Bombshell, a dark blue shimmer, Vegas, a bright red fleck/shimmer and Majesty, a collaboration shade, a nude-y/gold with piCture pOlish's signature holo flakes.
Step One: Bases
- Place the striping tape down your nail, leaving spaces that are around the same size.
- CAREFULLY fill in every second stripe with Bombshell.
- Next, again, CAREFULLY fill in the remaining gaps with Vegas.
- Leave it for around 20 seconds, carefully remove the tape, clean up (it will get messy no matter how careful you are!) and top coat.
Middle and Pinky Fingers:
These were done the exact same way, just switching up the colours a bit!
- Place the striping tape on your nail, leaving the same size gaps in between.
- Fill in the top space with Bombshell. Again, CAREFUL!
- Fill in the bottom space with either Vegas (Majesty base) or Majesty (Vegas base)
- Remove thetape after 20 seconds, top coat and clean up.
Thumb and Ring Finger:
- Using your nail art brush (or a toothpick!) draw a line down the middle of your nail.
- Add a hollow circle on the top of that line.
- Cross the middle line like a 't'
- Paint on the curved bottom of the anchor by pretending you're drawing a smile for a smiley face :)
- Top coat, and done!
· 1 x Award - as voted by PP friends and fans.
· 1 x Award - as voted by all participants of Blog Fest 2013.
· 1 x Award - as voted by Jules & Megs of Picture Polish.
I'd like to send huge THANK YOU to piCture pOlish for the chance to participate this year, and I really hope you enjoyed my 'look!' If you try it out, please, I'd love to see it!
piCture pOlish: Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube Google +
Shipping Network (international stockists) Everyday Deals!
Until Next Time,
*these polishes were provided to me by picture polish for the purpose of blogfest 2013*