Friday 14 March 2014

Sea Siren Cosmetics All That Glitters/All That Shimmers Collection!

Hi guys! I apologize for my recent absence, last Friday I had a minor surgery and only got let out of hospital on Tuesday. So, please forgive me! Today I have my final Sea Siren Cosmetics polish post for now (I love most of these too much to not use again!) and it is all 8 of the latest releases- split into two co-ordinating mini collections of 4.

First up, the All That Shimmers collection. All for of these are different types of shimmers.

 Bronzed Siren- I won't lie, this is my least favourite of the shimmers. The colour is not my type. It's a copper bronze shimmer that verges on frosty. There will be brushstrokes with this one, but they seem to lessen with topcoat. Opacity was good, I used 2 coats and top coat.

 Seas The Day- a red toned purple. This one has a nice, unique shimmer to it, you can see a smidge of blue and red shimmers throughout. Looking back at these pictures, I could definitely used another coat. This is 2 coats, and while it looked opaque in person, you can see that it needs another coat. My fault, not the polishes though.

 Temptress- Oh I like this one. It's a bright red, packed with gold-ish fleck shimmer. This one is super sparkly, and looks super squishy too. I adore this one, it's up there in my collection of "sexy" reds! This is 2 coats with topcoat.

 Jealousea- I saved my favourite for last. This is a gorgeous turquoise with silver shimmer. This one also dries to an almost-matte finish. It reminds me of one of my all time favourite polishes, China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. 2 coats with topcoat.

The other half is the All That Glitters collection. These are all multi-coloured glitter topcoats. For my swatches, I have layered them over black and white.

 Great Barrier Reef- predominately blue and green glitters, with smaller, red/pink glitters and tiny gold micro glitters. This one had a nice, smooth formula, and I only needed one coat to acheive what is in the above picture.

 Seaquake- Pink, purple, orange and gold glitters. This one was super sparkly! It was also quite thick, this is one dabbed coat. The golds in this one are curling ever so slightly, not enough to bother me.

 Enchanted- black and gold glitters. This one shone like crazy! The gold is very reflective, to the point where it looks curly, but isn't. This one is thinner and sparser than the rest, this is 2 coats.

And finally, Seaduce- pink, purple and blue glitters with holo silver diamonds. The diamonds seem a bit out of place in this polish,but they are gorgeous. This one had good coverage, this is one coat with extra dabbing on top.

As well as these polishes, I also recieved the Sea Gloss Fast Dry top coat and Sea Seal dual base and top coat. I used Sea Gloss as my topcoat for these swatches, and I will say, I was a little disappointed. It is FANTASTIC over glitters, but it fails in the fast dry department. It dries quite slowly on me. The Sea Seal base coat, I have only tested as a base coat, and I wasn't thrilled, nor disappointed, It's ok.

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

*the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of them*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you