Monday 23 April 2012

And now for something a bit different...

Yes ladies (and gents!) today is a day that I never thought I would see happen. Today, I'm showing you...


A PINK! It's no secret that I am 'anti-pink', as some people say, but I recently did a swap with the lovely Kim, and she mentioned that she had found a few jars of this. After looking at some swatches, I needed it.


This is OPI La-Pazitively Hot Matte. It came out as a part of the Fall 2009 Matte Collection. I know there is a 'normal' version of it out there, and I kinda want it!

La Paz is a very bright, vibrant pink, matte of course, but it has a hidden shimmer. That was the WOW factor for me.


In terms of application, this was a DREAM! Honestly, it applied like a regular non-matte polish! And after the horror application from Gargantuan Green Grape matte (from the same collection), I was expecting this to be terrible as well, but nope! I only needed two coats to get opacity, and they dried very quickly like most mattes. Wear time wasn't fantastic though, I put this on on Thursday night, and by Friday afternoon it was pretty chipped :/ So I added an extra coat to take these pics on Sunday.


I also decided to add a layer of Ulta3's Top Coat, to see what it would look like... I liked it, but not as much as I like it matte.

And then, because apparently I am never satisfied, I grabbed a black and a white nail art striper and did this:




Simple, but effective! And it makes my nails look longer than they are!

So, I like a pink. I never thought it would happen, but it has, and now I can expand and branch out into more pinks! I actually ordered China Glaze Something Sweet on Saturday!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

6 comments:

  1. I love this colour too, it's so good in Matte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my only pink too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few, but they're mostly for use on other people or nail art lol

      Delete
  3. I'm not normally a huge pink person but I do like them bright and matte! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you