Thursday 22 March 2012

Orly Androgynie

Hello again! It's 12:15 am and I've not long gotten my power back after an outage, so you get a late night swatch! And today it comes from Orly's Holiday Soiree collection from 2011. Androgynie was a lemming of mine for a while, and then I realised I should just buy it! So I did, and it sat there in my untrieds pile for a while... a few months at least... 


Androgynie is a black jelly base packed with hexagonal iridescent glitters, some holo glitter, and golden glass flecks. Sounds amazing right? Well... it is...


in the shade

Pretty huh? I do quite enjoy it. Androgynie  has it's ups and downs though. Lets start with the cons first shall we... Its kinda hard to apply, the hex glitter doesn't like to co-operate. It's also hard to get any of the hex glitter on the brush unless you stand the bottle upside down for a few minutes before using it. It's a little on the sheer side, I am wearing three coats over a base coat of OPI Nail Envy Matte, and I wish I had swatched it over a black polish... It took a little while to dry as well.

And, because I had let my bottle sit there for a while, all the hex glitter was having a party at the bottom of the jar...

But on the plus side, it's pretty. Very, very pretty. Its not like anything else i have in my collection, come to think of it, most of my Orly's are unique to my stash...

I want in on the glitter party
I feel like this polish lives up to its name, I can totally see men wearing this. Maybe matted. Maybe I should matte it... oooooooh :D
I shall leave you with a blurry pic, which shows off the sparkle, as I have my first post of the Creative Lacquer Challenge to post!

Until Next time!

<3 Bec
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this colour. It was a lemming of mine also! I finally picked it up on Monday. Can't wait to try it! =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you