Monday 27 January 2014

Sea Siren Cosmetics Swatches and Review part 1

Ahoy mateys! Recently I was contacted by Sea Siren Cosmetics to do some swatching for them. I'm always keen to try a new Aussie brand, and OMG am I glad I did!

Deb really packed a lotta polishes in, so I'm splitting them up into four posts with 5 polishes per post, and some nail art using them all. Today, we start with the blues and (some) of the greens!

Sea Mist - 2 coats

Pastels usually scare me, I get lobster hands BIG TIME with most. That, and the formulas on them tend to be a bit crappy. Not this one. This one could almost be a ONE coater! That's just unheard of! I adore the shade of blue too, it's pastel but still bright. 

Sea Dayze - 2 coats

This is basically Sea Mists older sibling. Such an amazing, bright vivid blue, and the formula was perfection! The opacity was very good, and I found this one to dry pretty quickly.

Deep Blue Sea - 2 coats

And another gorgeous blue. I absolutely LOVE this one. This shimmer is so strong, so sparkly, and at the right angles, it looks purple-ish. This again had fantastic opacity, and could be a careful one coater. I find blues like this may stain on some people though, so if that worries you, double up on the base coat!

Mermaid Tails - 3 coats

This is a gorgeous colour, but it is sheer (it does build up nicely though) and it is a little bit frosty/brushstrokey. I am willing to forgive this one, and so should everyone else! This is a very unique shade of green to my stash.

Mystical Atlantis - 2 coats

This one is one of my favourites. Another highly pigmented, nicely opaque polish that could almost be a one coater. What makes this one super unique is the gold, almost bronzey shimmer through it. Holy wow Batman! Total love!

All of these swatches have Out The Door Topcoat. I decided to use these five together to create an oceany, mermaidy mani!


I have 3 more Sea Siren posts coming up, keep your eyes peeled, because you NEED so many of these!

Until Next Time

<3 Bec

*the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of them*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you